Basic MAICh Activities
- MAICh assists the aims of the E.U. and Greek foreign policy, related to the Mediterranean and the Balkan countries, through the creation of common educational and research interests and the transfer of the comparative benefits connected with them.
- MAICh offers enhanced post-graduate education and research activities at M. Sc. level to executive personnel from the countries of the broader Mediterranean basin. Its strength in such specialised scientific activities is attested by an output of about 150 graduates annually who are absorbed by the public and private sectors of these countries, forming the basis for cooperation between them, the E.U. and Greece.
- MAICh organises specialised courses and seminars both at its headquarters and in third countries of the Mediterranean and Balkan regions addressed to executive employees through cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of National Economy (Bilateral Development Assistance Cooperation, DAC), and EU (DGI), PHARE-TEMPUS programmes, etc.
- MAICh coordinates research networks, which address spearhead topics in European and/or Mediterranean countries.
- MAICh participates in the implementation of post-graduate programmes of pan-European character (SOCRATES -ERASMUS).
- MAICh contributes vigorously to the implementation of research policy in the Community strongly participating to pan-European joint ventures in competitive actions of the DGI, DGVI, DGXI, DGXII, DGXXIII. As a result, full advantage is gained from specialised manpower and opportunities for development are created for medium-sized enterprises.
- MAICh joins in the implementation of national research policy with participation in the activities inaugurated through the Community Support Framework, by the Ministry for Development, the General Secretariat for Research and Technology, as well as in application development actions carried out by the Ministries of National Economy (INTERREG), Agriculture, and Environment (LIFE), and the Regional Authority of Crete.
- MAICh contributes to regional and local development through innovative actions carried out by (ECOS-OVERTURE, Regional development programmes, Article 8 of FEOGA) etc.
- As a consequence of the programme of Euro mediterranean Partnership Cooperation (MEDA), MAICh has been afforded further opportunities and the multiplier effect of benefits from its activities has gained even greater weight. MAICh has already implemented actions, which are funded by an agreement on cooperation between CIHEAM-EU/DGI within the framework of MEDA.
- MAICh creates sources of self-funding from laboratory analyses, documentation services, and congresses facilities.
From the point of view of cost/benefit analysis of this social investment, adheres direct benefits which amount to an additional 80% increase of the value of the contribution of the Greek Government and the indirect benefits lead to educational, research and development of manifold value.
Last update: 03 of February, 2012