The laboratories of MAICh consist of a unified space of 680 m2 focusing on academic postgraduate training and research work and providing service analyses.
Analytical Chemistry and Chemistry of Natural Products | Horticultural Genetics & Biotechnology laboratories | Plant Molecular Biology Laboratories
Analytical Chemistry and Chemistry of Natural Products
The laboratory host the academic and research activities of the:
- Food Quality Management
- Gas Chromatograph equipped with a Flame Ionisation Detector (GC-FID) and a Nitrogen Phosphorous Detector (GC-NPD).
- Gas Chromatograph equipped with a Flame Ionisation Detector (GC-FID) and an Electron Capture Detector (GC-ECD).
- Gas Chromatograph equipped with a Flame Ionisation Detector (FID) and a Flame Photometric Detector (FPD).
- Gas Chromatograph coupled with a Mass Spectrometer (GC-MS (EI, CI)).
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC) equipped with a Diode Array UV-Vis Detector (DAD) and a Fluorescence Detector (FLD).
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC) equipped with a Refractive Index Detector (HPLC-RI).
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC) coupled with a Diode Array UV-Vis Detector and a Mass Spectrometer (ESI, APCI).
- Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) Atomic Emission Spectrophotometer. ” Two Diode Array UV-Visible Spectrophotometers.
Horticultural Genetics & Biotechnology laboratories
The laboratories of Horticultural Genetics & Biotechnology comprise state of the art facilities that support the research lines of the MSc course and provide analytical services on the detection of Genetically Modified Organisms.
Contact: Panagiotis Kalaitzis, PhD, email@example.com
- Genetic analyzer (ABI PRISM 310, Perkin Elmer)
- Real Time–PCR System (GeneAmp 5700 Sequence Detection System, Applied Biosystems)
- Gas Chromatograph (Trace GC, Thermo Quest)
- Thermal Cycler (S1000, Biorad)
- Thermal Cycler (DNA Engine DYAD, (Biorad)
- Spectrophotometer (U-2001, Hitachi)
- Nanophotometer (Pearl, Implen)
- Digital Electrophoresis Documentation and Analysis System (EDAS 120, Kodak)
- Digital Electrophoresis Documentation and Analysis System (GelDoc XR, Biorad)
- Ultra Pure Water System (TKA)
- Automatic Tissue Processor (TP1020, Leica)
- Paraffin Embedding Station (EG 1140 H, Leica)
- Cooling Plate (EG 1140 C, Leica)
- Microtome (RM2155, Leica)
- In-Situ PCR System (GeneAmp 1000, Perkin Elmer)
- Hybridization Oven (7601, GFL)
- Autoclave (5804 E, Tuttnauer)
- Refrigerated Centrifuges (5804R, Eppendorf)
- Micrcentrifuges (5415 D, Eppendorf)
- Upright Deep Freezer (-80°C) (6485, GFL)
- Upright Deep Freezer (-80°C) (U535, (New Brunswick Scientific)
- PCR Work station (OMNI, Astec Microflow)
- Laminar Flow Hood (TOP SAFE 1.2, BIOAIR)
- Plant Growth Chamber (ECP01E, Snijders Scientific)
- CO2 and O2 Analyzer
- Additional Laboratory apparatus: pH meter, Electrophoresis systems for nucleic acids and proteins, Gel dryer, Water bath, Electronic balances, Shaking incubators, Incubator, Vortex, Hot plate magnetic stirrer, Freezers (-20°C). Refrigerator (+4°C),
Plant Molecular Biology Laboratories
Plant Molecular Biology labs host the academic and research activities of the Sustainable Agriculture (includes Virology).
- Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography (FPLC).
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometer (ICP-AES)
- 3 UV-Visible Spectrophotometers.
- Fluorescence Spectrophotometer.
- ELISA Plate Reader
- 3 PCR Thermo-cyclers,
- Sorvall ultracentrifuge
- 2 Centrifuges (up to 24,000 rpm),
- 4 Bench-top Centrifuges (up to 6,000 rpm),
- DNA and protein Electrophoresis Apparatuses.
- Gel Drier and Gel Blotter Apparatuses
- 2-Dimensional Protein Electrophoresis Apparatus.
- Isoelectric Focusing (IEF) Apparatus.
- Electroporation Apparatus.
- Complete Kjeldahl apparatus and a variety of electrodes for the detection of several ions
- Shaking Incubators,
- 2 Dissecting Microscopes linked to digital camera,
- Bright-field microscope equipped with Nomarski
- Fluorescent Microscope linked to DCC camera
- 2 Laminar Flows,
- LI-COR 6400 Portable Photosynthesis meter,
- Controlled Environment Chambers,
- Deep Freeze Chambers (-70oC),
- Cold Rooms (4oC), Tissue Culture Room, Growth Room, Radioactive Work Room, Photo dark room.
Last update: 13 of June, 2012